Price: $575 per person
Duration: Approx. 6hrs Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- Students must have relevant and valid drivers’ license.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle in the resources and infrastructure industries which includes driving a four wheel drive vehicle on roads, traversing gradients, ascending and descending steep gradients, and operating in rugged terrain. It includes using vehicle equipment/controls and completing pre- and post-operational checks.
It also includes:
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use four-wheel drive mode
- Operating across a gradient
- Ascending and descending steep gradients
- Operating in rugged terrain
- Coordinate and recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
4WD Defensive Driving
Workplace Health and Safety
- RIIVEH305F Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
- TLIC0023 Operate four wheel drive vehicle
Public training courses are currently being delivered fortnightly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.