Price: $445 per person
Duration: Approx. 6hrs Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- There are no training pre-requisites for this course.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
After successfully completing this course, applicants will have completed off-the-job training during which the following key theoretical and practical competencies were covered in relation to the Safe Entry and working in Confined Spaces:
- The requirements of AS 2865-2009
- Definitions of a confined space
- Roles of personnel involved in working in a confined space
- What defines a person as having entered a confined space
- Duties of a stand-by person
- Duties of a confined space permit issuer
- Duties of a Permit Holder
- Gas testing requirements, when and by whom
- Common gases found in confined spaces and the physical properties these gases
- Effects of these gasses on the body and treatment of persons that have been exposed to them
- Types of asphyxiates and effects of oxygen depletion
- NOSHC Exposure limits, STEL and TWA
- Pre-entry requirements, isolations, emergency plans, ventilation, communication
- Demonstrating of gas testing of a confined space
- Practical isolation of energy sources and placing locks and tags on a confined space
- Completing a confined space entry permit and standby / entrant log
- Two or three separate entries of a confined space
- Completion of a risk assessment/JSA/JHA for a confined space
- Practical training for the role of a standby person
- Use of rescue systems for a confined space
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Confined Space Entry
Workplace Health and Safety
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Public training courses are currently being delivered weekly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.