Price: $890 per person
Duration: 2 Days Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus OR
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants need to have a strong command of the English language in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
This unit of competency involves the skills and knowledge required to undertake rescues in confined spaces as a member of a single organisation or team involving multiple organisations.
A confined space is determined by the hazards associated with a set of specific circumstances and not just because work is performed in a small space. A confined space means an enclosed or partially enclosed space that
- is not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person, and
- is, or is designed or intended to be, at normal atmospheric pressure while any person is in the space, and
- is or is likely to be a risk to health and safety from
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level, or
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants, or engulfment.
The unit is applicable to a range of confined space rescue situations undertaken by personnel from the emergency services, volunteer organisations and/or organisations where confined space work is performed. Permits may be required to perform work in a confined space in various jurisdictions.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: email@example.com
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Confined Space Rescue
Workplace Health and Safety
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue
This course is currently available for private/onsite delivery by appointment. For more information, please contact us today.