Price: $295 per person
Duration: Approx. 4hrs Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- There are no training pre-requisites for this course.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
This unit provides participant’s with the skills and knowledge required to identify fire types and select the most appropriate method of extinguishment. Also, how to interpret and follow manufacturers’ instructions on various first attack firefighting equipment in emergency situations.
Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment Learning Outcomes:
- Use portable fire extinguishers to extinguish a simulated fire
- Determine the classification and fire type
- Select the appropriate fire extinguisher to attack the fire
- Demonstrate usage of fire extinguishers safely according to them manufacturers’ instructions, and in accordance with relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures.
Demonstrate correct usage of a fire hose reel:
- Demonstrate usage of the hose reel safely according to manufacturers’ instructions and in accordance with relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures.
- Turn off water in the approved sequence and check the hose reel for leaks
- Rewind the hose reel correctly after use
Demonstrate correct usage of a fire blanket:
- Demonstrate usage of the fire blanket safely according to manufacturers’ instructions and in accordance with the relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
Workplace Health and Safety
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
Public training courses are currently being delivered fortnightly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.