Price: $595 per person
Duration: 1 Day Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- There are no training pre-requisites for this course.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
After successfully completing this course, applicants will have completed off-the-job training during which the following key theoretical and practical competencies were covered in relation to testing and tagging of electrical equipment:
- Mandatory requirements of occupational health and safety and how they apply to the various electro technology work functions
- Compliance with ASNZS 3760 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Compliance with ASNZS 3012 Electrical installations – Construction and Demolition sites
- Worksafe WA – Guide to testing and tagging portable electrical equipment and residual current devices at workplaces
- Working safely with electricity
- The causes and effects of electric shock
- How to help a shock victim
- Workplace hazards and risk management
- Test and Tag requirements for all workplaces
- How to use Portable Appliance Testers (PAT’s)
- About cord connected electrical appliances, extension leads, RCD’s, Power Boards (EPOD’s)
- How to recognise Class 1 and Class 2 appliances
- Test and Tag intervals
- What to do with damaged or non-compliant equipment
- Test and Tag record keeping
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: email@example.com
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
We highly recommend contacting Appliance Testing Supplies to organise the purchase of your own PAT tester to bring to the course.
They can also supply all your test and tag equipment needs including test tags, printers, 3 phase testing equipment and calibrations.
Shaun McKeown | WA Sales Manager
Perth Office: Shop 7, Ground Floor, 386 Wanneroo Road, Westminster WA 6061
Phone – 08 6362 0403
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Test & Tag
Workplace Health and Safety
- UEECD0007 – Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEERL0003 – Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
Public training courses are currently being delivered monthly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.