- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
- ONE (1) primary document (Passport, Driver’s Licence, Learner’s Permit, WA Photo Card etc) or at least THREE (3) secondary documents (Birth Certificate, Medicare, Utility Bill, Student ID Card, MSIC, ASIC, current Motor Vehicle Registration etc). One of these documents must include at least your name, and date of birth, which prove you are at least 18 years of age. Follow this link for Worksafe APPROVED I.D.
- ONE (1) passport quality photograph (must be clear, less than six (6) months old and must show just your head and shoulders)
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must have a strong command of the English language in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
Further information on how to obtain a High Risk Work Licence can be found HERE
Course Details: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Day Course (For experienced operators)
Price: $595 per person
Duration: 1 Day Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
Maximum Students: 6 people
This 1 day course is designed for any person wishing to obtain the nationally recognised License to Perform High Risk Work Class Code LF who has previous experience in operating a forklift.
Limited practical driver training is provided as part of this course. It is mainly “assessment only”. Participants attending this course need to have at least 40 hours current forklift operating experience. Participants need to complete a practical assessment including manoeuvring a forklift through an obstacle course (forwards and in reverse), lifting and moving loads and performing stacking and de-stacking operations at height with minimal training.
It is a Worksafe requirement that the written assessment is closed book. Please be confident that the candidate is competent and capable of passing this course in one day. Daysafe Training will not be responsible for students who fail this course. Refunds will not be given for an unsuccessful result.
2 Day Course (For inexperienced operators/beginners)
Price: $755 per person
Duration: 2 Days Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
Maximum Students: 8 people
This 2 day course is designed for any person wishing to obtain the nationally recognised License to Perform High Risk Work Class Code LF and is suitable for participants with little or no previous forklift operating experience.
The course comprises a classroom audio visual training component followed by a written theory assessment (in English). The last part of day one and all of day two will consist of practical driving training. Participants also need to complete a practical assessment including manoeuvring a forklift through an obstacle course (forwards and in reverse), lifting and moving loads and performing stacking and de-stacking operations at height.
After successfully completing either course applicants will be able to:
- Conduct pre start and operational checks.
- Be able to assess work required to be completed and plan safely to complete.
- Understand the legislation covering the use of a Forklift.
- Know and be able to use the correct personal protective equipment required when operating a Forklift.
- Operate the forklift within its capacities and:
- Recognize potential hazards.
- Pick up and place loads.
- Travel loads correctly.
- Be aware of centre of gravity of loads and stability.
- General operational and driving skills.
- Stacking loads at Heights.
- Safety shut down and parking.
According to WA Work Health & Safety (WHS) Legislation, any person (at least 18 years of age) that is currently enrolled in a course of High-Risk Work License (HRWL) training, can then start learning to perform the work as a trainee when supervised at the workplace by a person with a current HRWL for the work.
All candidates who complete one of these courses successfully will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment issued by Daysafe and are able to apply for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work issued by Worksafe WA, or the relevant State or Territory Regulatory body. These qualifications are issued according to the standards and guidelines as set out by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Please note that the above prices do not include the high risk application fee which is payable directly to WorkSafe on submission of attendees paperwork. More information on the relevant fees can be found here https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/licensing-fees-0
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Workplace Health and Safety
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Public training courses are currently being delivered weekly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.