Price: $395 per person
Duration: Approx. 5hrs Blended Learning (Face-to-Face and Online Learning)
- There are no training pre-requisites for this course.
- A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
In a typical scenario an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. This course gives the person the skills and knowledge required to interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
After successfully completing this course, applicants will have completed off-the-job training during which the following key theoretical and practical competencies were covered in relation to Gas Test Atmospheres:
- Determine gas testing regime/sampling pattern required
- Identify hazards from possible atmosphere containments
- Use gas testing equipment to test gas as required
- Interpret and report readings
- Monitor gas on an ongoing basis as required
- Take required actions if readings are unacceptable
- Maintain equipment
- Knowledge of common chemical asphyxiants
- Knowledge of explosive range, upper and lower explosive limits
- Knowledge of conditions under which atmospheres become hazardous
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Online Learning: The theory part of this course is completed online, using any device with an internet connection, including a smart phone or tablet. The online learning must be completed prior to attending the practical session.
Students will receive an email containing a link to the Online-Learning Portal shortly after enrolment, please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct. If you do not receive the link or cannot find it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.
Practical & Final Theory Assessment: After completing the Online-Learning Modules, students will attend the practical session on the date and time as selected during booking.
Location: Daysafe Training Centre; Lot 2499 Coolawanyah Road, Karratha WA 6714.
T: 08 9144 1170 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Gas Test Atmospheres
Workplace Health and Safety
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Public training courses are currently being delivered fortnightly but can also be arranged for private/onsite delivery by appointment.