- Price: $425 per person
- Duration: Approx. 6 – 8 hours (Face-to-Face Only)
Entry requirements: A government issued photo identification and valid USI is required for course registration.
This course is designed for any person wishing to obtain a nationally recognised certificate, who has some experience in operating the small plant and equipment being used.
Students will gain the ability to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including evidence of the ability to:
Operate small plant and equipment on at least two different occasions, including:
- Conducting pre-operational checks
- Identifying and managing site hazards
- Identifying and using correct operating techniques to achieve optimum output while maintaining specified tolerances
- Correctly storing equipment
- Completing operator maintenance
- Clearing the work area
Small Plant & Equipment may include but not be limited to:
Power sources include:
Cutting equipment may include:
- Masonry saw
- Construction saw (Quick Cut Saw)
- Band saw
Compaction equipment may include:
- Plate compactor
- Pedestrian roller
Maintenance equipment may include:
- Brush cutter
Concrete equipment may include:
- Concrete mixer
- Trowelling machine (helicopter)
Water equipment may include:
- Pressure cleaner
Excavation equipment may include:
- Mini loader (dingo)
- Posthole borer
- Pedestrian trencher
Lighting equipment may include:
- Mobile lighting plant
Lifting and materials handling:
- Pedestrian forklift
- Pallet trolleys
Traffic management may include:
- Mobile variable message sign
The course comprises a written theory assessment, followed by a practical assessment. Participants must be able to read, write and understand English in order to complete the written assessment for this course.
Upon successful completion: All participants who complete this course successfully will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment issued by Daysafe.
Private or Onsite group training is available at our training centre or on your site. For more information, please contact us today.
Operate small plant and equipment
Workplace Health and Safety
- RIISAM204E Operate small plant and equipment (Concrete Cut-off Saw / Demo Saw)
This course is currently available for private/onsite delivery by appointment. For more information, please contact us today.